My favorite things about spending the winter at home:
1. Winter bouquets from Trader Joe's: I found these mini callas and thought they would look festive and Christmas-ey against some winter greens. All this joy for a mere $11.95!
2. Firewood: I have one of the few houses in Houston that has a wood fireplace and I could not love it more now. It gives off the perfect amount of heat (or lack-there-of) without overdoing it for the 50-60 degree weather.
3. A faux fur throw: my most recent investment that is the key to staying cozy in a living room that has a fireplace that doesn't give off too much warmth (see number 2). A great investment from Marshall's for $19.99.
4. Pinecones: everywhere. They are on my shelves, in vases, under glass domes, on my desk. The cheapest way to make a home cozy while also taunting your pets. Doesn't get any better than that.
5. Last year's Christmas decor: the best and free way of decorating your house!